Martha Cain was born in 1854 in Somerset, Perry Co, Ohio, the daughter of Lewis and Sarah Keenan Cain. She died August 20, 1898 at her home near Cedar Rapids, Nebraska and is buried in the Sunset Cemetery, Cedar Rapids, Boone County, Nebraska. There is more information at my website about John and Martha Hackett.
She married John H. Hackett on November 3, 1876. He was the son of Felix G. Hackett and Precious Bracher Hackett.
Children of John and Martha Hackett:
- Sarah M Hackett, born Oct 1877, born Illinoi
- Lewis W. Hackett, born Sept 1879, born Illinois
- Benjamin P. Hackett, born Aug 1881, born Illinois
- Lola M. Hackett, born Nov 1883, born Illinois
Obituary: John Hackett Dies; in the Cedar Valley Promoter, October 17, 1957. John Hackett, age 100 passed away at a Fullerton rest home at noon Friday. (October 11, 1957) Funeral services were held in Albion Monday afternoon with burial in Sunset cemetery in Cedar Rapids. He is survived by a son, Palmer Hackett of Albion and a daughter, Mrs. Mayne Watts of Omaha and a daughter in law, Mrs. Hattie Hackett of Cedar Rapids. Those attending the funeral from Cedar Rapids were: Mrs. Hattie Hackett, Mrs. Neil Heft, Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence Cunningham, Mr. and Mrs. George Mackie and G.M. Cox.
The Sunset Cemetery in Boone County, Nebraska has the following Hackett burials in Block 17:
- John H Hackett, 1856 – 1957
- Martha A Hackett, 1854 – 1898
- Segrid M. Hackett, 1908 – 1916
- Walter Hackett, 1879 – 1952
- Hattie Hackett, 1881 – 1972
- S. Maude Hackett, Oct 31, 1877 – Mar 20, 1942